Iconic Australia National Parks and World Heritage Sites
" There is something special about Nature-Bound. In four tours with you we have been continually surprised by your depth of research and knowledge, your attention to our enjoyment, comfort and expectations of the tour. We thought we had seen most of Australia, until we joined Nature-Bound. The national parks are so varied and a wonderful retreat from everyday life and the curious places we discovered along the way, like "Come by Chance" were something else." - Rex and Roz (Australia)
Discover the many Australia National Parks and world heritage sites featured in our wilderness tours and experience the ancient world of Gondwanaland from which our natural history evolved.
It has been claimed Australia's natural history is so significant it has become a legacy to the world.
How significant is this claim and your holiday?
- Originally part of Gondwanaland, Australia is widely regarded as one of the oldest continents on earth.
- It has been claimed, by world standards 40% of our continent could still be regarded as largely an intact Australia wilderness
- While our geology dates back, up to 3000 million years, the Himalayas are just 60 million years old.
- When Europe was young, Australia was ancient and the Grand Canyon was but a shallow creek.
- Our country has been drifting separated from Gondwanaland and the rest of the world for more than 100 million years leaving our species to evolve separately from their neighbours.
- Our First Australians walked the land at least 50,000 years ago.
- 90% of our plant and animal species are endemic to Australia though more than 100 species have been lost since European arrival and 5000 others are threatened.
Experience it all in these National Park tours and walks.
Visit the "Wilderness" and "Your Hoilday" tabs above for more detail on your wilderness experience.
Browse through the tours listed below, each of which feature one or more world heritage sites and a number of National Parks. Follow the links to full tour details as desired. You can take a quick and easy review of all tour features by visiting our tour comparison chart.
You are welcome to discuss the tours in further detail if you wish by telephoning us on (+61) 7 5514 0873 or Mobile 0407 126603 or email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.